Wednesday, 22 August 2012

The industrialization path versus nature

To Materialistic individuals,

We live in a consumer society where happiness is dictated through materialistic possession. That doesn't scare you one bit? It's been embedded in our minds that the more we own the happier we become. Therefore, we've created social platforms to showcase how much we are worth, and how we spend our money; the means of buying expensive accessories equals "I have money" attitude. And it is this reason that makes me wish that I live in a different era; the one where materials never mattered. After spending the last four days away from the city, it is irrational for me to have such wish. This is because I got to truly appreciate nature, and witness a lifestyle where material doesn't mean anything. I'm content and happy that the lifestyle I want is actually just hours away from where I am. Here we have a city that is filled with opportunities and a social life that is relatively similar to the ones we see on television, but yet we are never truly "happy". On the contrary, we have towns that don't have access to a lot of the things we do, not even a transit system like the TTC, but yet they are happy. I've come to a conclusion that nature is what defines their happiness - I stand behind this ideology because this is what I'm passionate for. Nature itself is amazing, and it's sad that people will never appreciate it the way I do because they're caught up in a bubbled world. Being away from the city is something I'd like to do more often, and I guess this sums up my idea of vacationing. Being in an all-inclusive resort does not interest me. It's good that you have an outlet for happiness, and I'm glad that you define this through possession and party vacations because I get to appreciate a lifestyle that you'll never understand.
I think I've become a pessimistic individual on the perspectives of the social life, media, platforms, and people who are overall egotistical because they can walk around with a bag that's worth thousands. I'm going to slowly detach myself away from most social networking platforms because I find most of them to be unhealthy. So, continue showcasing the shit you have and how "rich" you are, and I'll continue to appreciate everything else. For instance, a lifestyle that you'll never survive in.

...yes, I am incredibly annoyed when I see people flaunting on my newsfeed the useless shit they have. And I am also annoyed when people take pictures of themselves because they think the world cares and respects them more if they have certain items. Do you people not understand that "google images" exists for a reason? I don't need to see your new pair of shoes, clothes, bags, and everything else in between...Take a meaningful picture of something else; one that doesn't portray how pathetic you are.

Sincerely,
Frustrated Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment