Sunday, 27 May 2012

Fighter

    I've noticed that my last posts were different from what I usually blog about, where I swayed away from inspirational ideas and pessimistically expressed. This one will be different, you have my word.
    There's this song, Fighter by Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder, that has motivated me to write this post. Yes I know it's not the music I usually listen to, where I'm not fist-pumping, jumping, or bobbing my  head, but instead I have my eyes close trying to vicariously live through the fighter in the song. The majority of mainstream music presented to us usually dictates the "luxurious life" that we should all have or strive for; sex, money, love, cars and drugs. And of course these videos not only lose value and dignity in life, but they also almost always have a form of sexism - this is a topic on its own. Fighter, on the other hand, is about being hopeful when our life sometimes feel like it has derailed away from the tracks. It's about pushing through and not forgetting who we are. This song has uplifted me because we, or I, often forget that life isn't always easy, and I'll sometimes lose motivation. In other words, I won't always win in the challenges that I put myself in, where failure shouldn't be an out-of-my-universe idea. And that's okay because at least I can say I've tried and gave it my all, and the next day will be another attempt. It's okay because I'm learning about myself and what I'm capable of and my potentiality increases. It's okay because I know I'm one step closer to succeeding in life.
    Life is a challenge that we all have to take on, and there will be tasks that will push us to our limits sometimes, but that's okay. It's like a puzzle where the pieces won't always fit or fall into place right away, and that's okay because complexity mirrors willingness. It's an arena, where we are surrounded by an audience that will support or bring you down. The challenge is in front of you and how you go about it will be your call. Or maybe the challenge is not in front of you, but instead you are the challenge, and how you present to your audience is up to you.
Give em hell, turn their heads
Gonna live life til we're dead.
Give me scars, give me pain
Then they'll say of me, say of me, say of me
There goes the fighter, there goes the fighter
Here comes the fighter
That's what they'll say of me, say of me, say of me,
This one's a fighter
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment