Tuesday, 31 January 2012

To be inspired


My readers, here is my story of how I was inspired over a liberating weekend, an inadvertently influence. I’ve racked my mind and heart over the negative filter that’s inevitably weighing me down these past few and was successful in coming up with a few answers. First, I’m emotionally unstable because of the career path I’ve undertaken, but I understand that this is part of it, and thus I’m making attempts to strengthen myself. The list extends on, but one of the smaller things that I’ve inoculated my eyes from seeing is the outside world, a construction of reality. What worries me sometimes is the growing generation before mine. My heart will sometimes dent when I see kids missing out on the best parts of their life, and that is simply growing up.  When I look into the world I see kids who are maturing at an uncontrollable rate, and not that it’s a complete negative attribute to society, but still I hope they enjoy their life the way it’s meant to be. It’s almost paradoxical to say that kids nowadays should be given better social support from society because they’re at the age to rebel. But, some of them are starting too early. And I know that technology and the mass media plays a big role to what we see outside today, that is beyond our realm and control. My readers, by now you should have noted that; one, I’m in a rut, and two, how I see society or the growing generation today is in black and white. The weekend that just passed made retrospect statements in helping me realize that life is difficult and severely complicated, but somehow and somewhere there’s always a light of hope, a beam that guides us. After the Sunday event I can say that I’m okay or at least I’m going to be, and right now that’s really all I need. It’d be an oxymoron to make a 360 life changing turn in such a short span, the weekend. It’s ironic how I see myself to be this pessimistic being who carries a heart for the world, a drive to optimism. I’ve gone on a tangent about my self-care and how I solely perceive society and the world as a whole.
Here’s what I experienced Sunday evening as I sat and watched performances, anecdotal commentary, and witnessed unity in a different perspective. The vast talent throughout the night goes beyond my imagination, and surely, written words do not justify what I saw and heard. I was strikingly inspired by the kids that dictated the true meaning of friendship, family, unity, and life. I sat down and enjoyed what came before me; I was motivated and began to see hope, what life truly entails. In a nutshell, the tiniest bit of happiness gradually made a path to my heart. A drive to see this world in a better light began to embark.
My readers, I can’t paint to you how you’re life is going to be or expect you to start embracing the things around you more. I can’t guarantee you happiness because it is never given, learned, achieved, or coined. The definition for being happy or the constitution of it is different for all, just like how the difficulty and complexity of life isn’t universal. My readers, I can tell you that the foundation of Sunday evening made essential, and drastic changes to who I am and I wish for you to someday experience or witness what I have. I know that what’s ahead of my life isn’t always going to be like Sunday evening, and I’ll still have my moments of disparity with the threshold of life, but that’s okay. One day and someday what I saw in that room and on stage during my Sunday evening I’ll see everywhere else in this world that we live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment