Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Those who matter.

Over the past months I've become more mature, wise and insightful about my grounds with school, career, life in general and friends. The negative filters in my life now are more based on a personal anxiety that have led me to seeking help. I'm somewhat content with how I'm dealing with a lot of my personal problems and simply just getting through the day. So my life now is pretty much leading to positive attributes that I take great pride in. I've noticed that a lot of my posts are consistently about my inner thoughts about the world and my own issues - they are never about the things that I appreciate in life. I've learned many lessons from one of my closest friends and I don't think I've ever given her any credit for it. Tonight that changes.
You can read this post and think it to be in a more general perspective of "friendships" but my intention is to single a certain somebody out, (insert boojee here).  This year I'm focusing on me and those who matter. In some way this is my new years resolution, I'm going to care less about the sideline friends and focus more on the ones that are actually worth my time, the ones that understand how to reciprocate the same values as me. I've learned a lot about myself through my experiences and through this epiphany, I'm glad that I have a friend(s) to count on. It's a relief to know that I have someone to relate a lot of my experiences or personal problems with, and more importantly, to have someone to be foolish with. All of our inside "jokes" and idiotic statements pretty much define our friendship, and I'm glad that I can always be myself when I'm around her. I never have to act a certain way or be a certain somebody because the idea of our friendship wouldn't be the same. We're who we are with each other and I think that's one of the greatest lessons that I've learned about friendship this year (and last). So, this year I'm only going to focus on the friends that I hold close, and more importantly, the ones that are real.
Tonight, and any other day, I'm thankful for having someone like you and tonight I get to let you know that you matter in my life. Thus my friend, continue to live dat boojee ly style because I may have never told you this, but you've in so many ways inspired me to be who I am today. You've simply taught me how to appreciate life more and through my connection with you you've taught me a lot about friendship and the importance of having someone like you. You have grounded me and have redefined a lot of my perspectives in a positive way. In hindsight, you've taught me how to live.

Ps. I gbutler you

  

No comments:

Post a Comment