I think today is the day. I'm not entirely sure how I came to this conclusion but I'm somewhat determined in making a few changes. I write about being sad, and the following week I write the complete opposite. I tell myself that I've come to some agreement with myself, some sort of new "fix" to myself, but lets face it; distraction can only get us so far. When someone tells you that, "things get better in time," or "you'll be fine," haha they lied to you. How can anyone really guarantee you anything? Why is there so much cruelty in those statements? You can't tell someone that things will get better in time, or that you'll be okay...you just can't.
I know it's a bit harsh, but the truth is reality is never really the way we want it to be. When you ask someone for help you should look them in the eye and see their reaction. The more they stumble in formulating an answer for you means the higher chance of it being a lie. Really when you ask someone for help you're asking them to tell you something you want to hear, you want some sort of comfort or safety net that everything will be okay. And that's exactly what they tell you. So the next time someone tells you that you'll be okay, make sure you question yourself first.
Today is the day because I'm finally going to call you...
Love always,
Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment