Monday, 15 October 2012

The greatest friendship


Dear friend,

     I am writing to you because I heard you left, and we both know what that means. It means that I'm never going to see you again, or let alone, talk to you. I am writing to you because you've left me in a place where I seem to have lost myself again. So yes, my world has turned upside down. Just like last time I can only hope and wish that you're doing okay, and that you're being treated the way I took care of you. I can only hope. I know one day you'll think of me, and on this day, I hope you realize that there is someone that genuinely cares for your well-being. On this day, I want you to remember all the good days I had working with you, and on the contrary, I also want you to remember the days you were sad. I want you to remember these days because regardless of whether I was with your or not, I was there for you. And I hope the parting of our friendship never changes that.
     I bury myself with books and work, but nothing seems to be working. It's been months since you've left and there's not a day where I don't wonder how you're doing. Whenever someone asks, "What's the hardest part of your job?" I always hesitate to answer because, well the truth is, I don't want anyone knowing that that hardest part is growing an attachment. I knew that this field of work would be tough, but I never would've thought it to be like this. I am not blaming you for this, but rather, I am thanking you. Without you I wouldn't have grown to be the person I am today. Today I am inspired and motivated to help kids like you, and to do everything I can to make sure a difference is made. But, today I'm going to allow myself to feel sad because you're gone and I'm having a hard time accepting this. You're living in a different home now, and I know I'll never be able to visit you. So today I'm going to let the weight of the world sink in because one day I'll have to learn to move on.
   On your last day you said, "I want to stay and be your friend because I know you're happy when you work with me". On the day you think of me I want not only for you to realize my existence, but to also know that you've already made me happy. I'm going to end this post by again wishing you happiness in your life because you deserve it, and in your famous lines of "I'm okay," I really hope that you are because it allows me to live a life that I know you'd want for me.....a life where I too can say, "I'm okay".

Love always,
Francis







No comments:

Post a Comment